Music Together® is an early childhood music and movement program for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, big kids and the adults who love them. Classes include singing, movement, chanting, and instrument play in a mixed-aged environment. Curriculum is research-based, and families take home a new CD and songbook each semester.
All children are musical!
All children can learn to sing in tune, keep a beat, and participate with confidence in the music of our culture, provided that their early environment supports such learning. Central to the Music Together approach is that young children learn best from the powerful role model of parents/caregivers who are actively making music. The program brings families together with its informal, playful environment. The program is inclusive and children with diverse needs are welcome.
Music Together is an internationally recognized, research-based program. Teachers receive training by the Center for Music and Young Children, of Princeton, NJ. A curriculum pioneer since 1987.
MUSIC TOGETHER IS:
* a community of children and their families sharing songs, instrument play, rhythm chants and movement activities in a relaxed, playful, non-performance-oriented setting
* music learned through developmentally appropriate activities that support and respect the unique learning styles of very young children
* children participating at their own level in mixed-age family-style classes
* parents & caregivers contributing to the enrichment of their child’s music environment – regardless of their own musical abilities
* a new song collection every semester for 3 years, featuring great arrangements of original & traditional songs in a wide variety of tonalities, meters and cultural styles
* 45 minutes of pure family fun every week!