THE BENEFITS OF SINGING!
Experience the many benefits of singing, such as increased health, happiness and well-being, reduction of stress hormones, lowered heart rate and blood pressure, and improved immune system function.
Do you love to sing? Would you like to be part of a creative community where you can express and stretch yourself while learning songs and having tons of fun? Do you crave a weekly dose of beauty, harmony, positive energy and pure joy?
Join us weekly to sing songs from many traditions and cultures, that move the body, quiet the mind, or lift the spirit. Most songs are learned through oral tradition (call and response), and sometimes we use sheet music or co-create spontaneous music from the heart. The atmosphere is informal and comfortable, with no pressure to be perfect. You do not need to be able to read music to sing with us. Beginners and experienced singers are welcome.
Heidi, I thank you for bringing a happiness back into my life. I’ve always enjoyed singing, but I had been so busy earning a living and parenting and growing older that I didn’t think I had room for singing any more. Now I don’t wish to ever let it go again
2017 FALL SEASON:
Clicking on the Pay Now button above will direct you to PayPal’s secure payment site where you can choose your method of payment (credit card or direct bank debit)
NOTE: Anyone under 16 should be accompanied by an adult choir member
- Weekly singing sessions that are invigorating, contemplative, relaxing, expressive and fun, in a comfortable, friendly community of wonderful people.
- Heidi’s unique holistic warm-ups and vocal coaching.
- Chants and improvisations to develop your voice, creativity and musical skills, while supporting your health and well-being.
- Lyrics and recordings of the songs so that you can enjoy singing and learning at home.
- The opportunity to participate in performances with the choir
- White Rock Culture Days Flash Mobs
- Stewart Farmhouse
- Solstice and Equinox Celebrations in White Rock/South Surrey
- Senior’s Homes
- Semiahmoo Arts Lantern Festival
- Canada Day at the Beach
- White Rock Sea Festival
- Unity Church
- Vancouver International Children’s Festival
- Camp Alexandra Festival and Senior’s lunches
- White Rock/South Surrey Newcomers Club
2017 SONG SELECTIONS:
- Come Come Whoever You are
- Komme Alle
- Sarvesham Svastir Bhavatu
- The Earth is Our Mother
- Siuil A Ruin
- Three Little Birds/Don’t Worry Be Happy Mashup
- May the Long Time Sun
CURRENTLY SCHEDULED PUBLIC PERFORMANCES:
To Be Announced
Choir Leader and Arranger Heidi McCurdy is an acclaimed singer, songwriter and performer, with a passion for helping others experience the life-enriching power of music and creativity. She specializes in establishing a safe space for participants to express themselves. She initially founded the The Soul of the World Choir with a multiculturalism grant through Embrace BC, and the group had such a good time learning and sharing songs together that they decided to keep going!
You have brought such joy to my life with the choir and the way you are with us -your humour, your playfulness, your passion and caring heart.
You are such a ray of light for us all! Thank you for bringing such joy, creativity and freedom of expression into our lives. Your gift of music is a real blessing!